[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
ProjectRadio Forum - View topic - Station player content for non live shows
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Station player content for non live shows 

Post Station player content for non live shows
ok guys I was thinking..for the station player..(aka when there is no live shows because it is not really reruns)

I suggest we make maybe 20 to 30 min short mixes ..no shout out, no mic work in them to play and add them to the playlist. That way it keeps more of a continuous flow of a certain genre then will change.

As of now we have all sorts of random songs playing which is fine but I think it could benefit more if we can control more of a flow with the content.

Point in case i'm writing this at 4am EST and we have 5oo+ listeners. If we can load the playlist up with short continuous mixes it might give the listeners a better program quality to listen to.

any thoughts?

Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:09 am

Post Re: Station player content for non live shows
yes i think that's a good idea, anyone else ?

The question is would we do a live set and record it on livestream ? or would we record a set then upload it to the studio ?

For me it would be easier and more logical to do a live set and let livestream record it that way the you have better quality in audio since it re encodes if you upload it and you loose lots of sound quality.

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:58 pm
Site Admin

No wat phil means is record a audio only and I added them to Playlist

Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:03 am
Profile YIM WWW

This is a great idea... I have been listening to the station the last couple days and the song - break - song - break - song... is a little disconcerting at times when the genres aren't matching....

It'll also allow listenners to preview the DJ's... I assume we could stream one (many maybe) of the DJ's banners or Promo shots while the mix is playing?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:53 am

So Tein shall we make audio recordings and send them to you and you will add them to the play list ?

Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:44 am
Site Admin

If you want i gave he option for most DJ to upload promo mix or there sets for play back . I set up so there wouldn't be a pause when going to next track, it just the track themselves

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:46 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW

ok well...let's get a plan in place..we have enough multi genre dj's...master plays house..gina plays funk, i play shit..hahahah;) ok i'll think more on it...
but to be clear....
no itwould not be any live broadcasts..it would be you taking 20 mins of your time to play and mix tracks..all we want is a 15 to 20 mins few songs mix...that way it will play random genres quicker...make better sense.. and of course no mic work or ids just make it a mystery mix.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:40 am
Site Admin

Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:14 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Wouldn't be better to have 1 hour sets create for non live shows instead of 20 min ones. ?
Live DJ music starts on the hour so, our non live sets should follow same format. What do you think?
Just my 3 cents. :)
Also, we could attach our logo/picture/track list to the set, so we know what is on ..

Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]